[Harp-L] Re: Review: Jason Ricci & New Blood at Terra Blues 12/1

EGS1217@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Finally got to meet Garry Hodgson.  Jason introduced us.  I had  spotted
> Garry's rigged up mics...but Terra's very dark and I couldn't read his  cap from
> my location <G>

it was nice meeting elizabeth, and dan, as well.  kinda fun putting faces to the
names you know from the list.  an emule friend showed up, too, and has posted
a nice review to that list, causing a number of folks to plan to go to the florida shows.

> The place was packed...audience very receptive as JRNB began.   I  was blown
> away.

 you were hardly alone.  the energy in there was incredible.  great crowd.
we had 5 newbies, and they were floored.

> and the latest addition of Todd Edmunds
> brought (in my  humble opinion) a whole new dynamic to their sound I hadn't
> picked up with any  of the temps they've used since Slim Louis' retirement.  Todd
> seems to  really "get" where Jason is going.

indeed, the bass was really good.  and i like having some nice bass solos,
something slim didn't seem to do much.

> Late in the evening he  performed one
> absolutely gorgeous harp/guitar number with Shawn that had me on  my feet and
> close to tears it was so beautiful.  He credited Shawn with  having written it.
> Didn't get the name of the piece.  Hopefully Garry  will have more
> information.

it doesn't have a title yet.  he jokingly called it the "late night pretty song".

> When/if Garry has last night's show available as a download,  this will
> undoubtedly become one of my favorite Jason Ricci & New Blood  shows.

well, what are you waiting for?
http://www.archive.org/audio/etree-details-db.php?id=31451

----
Garry Hodgson, Technical Consultant, AT&T Labs

do for others
with no desire of return
we should all plant some trees
we will never sit under