[Harp-L] A new Chromatic Harmonica Concerto..

Hi List,
Simon Proctor, the well known English "serious music" or "classical" composer
is to write a harmonica concerto for me to play.... This is a great honour
for me, as Simon Proctor is an up and coming and world renowned composer for
music to be played by symphony orchestra.
We are already collaborating on the project, and it is hoped that the World
Premier will be performed during November or December 2006 in Birmingham,
England. The conductor is likely to be Matthew Jones.
For you on the list who know me as a diatonic blues player... That will
continue... But having played the chromatic harmonica since I was 8 years old, this
is a wonderful complement to my musicianship!
I just wish Douglas Tate, my mentor, was around to hear about it!
All the best
John Walden
London
England
PS It shall be performed using an ILUS "Renaissance" chromatic harmonica.