[Harp-L] Electronic tuner for harp

Nate,

  You definitely want a chromatic tuner - not a guitar tuner. A guitar tuner only has the 6 notes for standard tuning on the 6 guitar strings. The link below is to a Korg chromatic tuner at Musicians Friend for only $20. I have this one as does my harp teacher, and also my son's high school band director uses them to tune everything in the band. They work great and are inexpensive and are small enough to carry around in your harp case.

  http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/210527/

  One thing to remember when checking harps on an electronic tuner is that most harps use "just tuning" which means that some of the reeds will not be tuned exactly onto the note as shown on the tuner. They will show as slightly flat or sharp.

  Jim McBride