[Harp-L] XB-40 set up

Okay, I got my XB40 set up more or less. Now it is
much better than it was, but it is not possible to
eliminate high pitched interference whistles 100% in
the upper end. Hole nr 10 blow is still problematic
and bending is uncontrollable. Any hints on this are
most welcome.

I still think that the harp is not fine enough. It
requires more effort to control bending than on a
standard diatonic. My theory regarding this is the way
air has to twist its way through to the reeds. It has
to turn up (or down) pass a valve, then turn to the
left (or right) and exit through the reed. The airflow
is absolutely not simmetric and not optimal. Also
while on a standard diatonic the opposing upper and
lower reeds might effect each others vibrations since
they are vibrating one above the other (perhaps there
is a coupled vibration) here since the interacting
reeds are next to each other it cannot be the same at
all. Anyhow it is, the feeling I get is that the
bending response and control is significantly poorer
than on a standard harp.

So any hints on how to set up hole nr 10 blow is most
appreciated.

thanks
Zombor

Just $16.99/mo. or less.