Re: [Harp-L] bending on a solo tuned harp & Vermont harp group?

>From: Clair Dunn <cadunn@xxxxxxxxxx>
>To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [Harp-L] bending on a solo tuned harp & Vermont harp group?
>Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 09:01:08 -0500
>
>Hi --
>I've read that for a beginner (a poor one), a good intro to the chromatic
>is a solo-tuned diatonic. I read music and this appeals. BUT, I tried to
>find references to bending for this animal and came up empty.
>
>My logic tells me that you can bend to get sharps (and flats). Is this
>true?
>If you can, does anyone have recommendations for a solo-tuned harp?
>Thanks much.

Hi Clair,
  The note layout for C solo tuning over 12 holes:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   hole
C E G C C E G C C E G C   blow
D F A B D F A B D F A B   draw

Assuming it is unvalved, you can draw bend holes 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 and 11 down
by a semitone.

Cheers,
-- G.
http://go.to/harpon