Re: [Harp-L] XB-40 disappointment

Fernando,

  a  lot of us are long time loyal Hohner customers and love our  Hohner harps. Still, we're frustrated by poor quality control.

   Some of the harps we buy just aren't acceptable. Just two weeks  ago I sent back 3 Special 20's that weren't worth owning, and now i  have another with a reed rattling the first day of play.

  As a Hohner rep, tell us, what can we expect from Hohner when we send  back a harp that's not working as it should, especially brand new out  of the box?

  No retailer will repair/replace a harp. How will Hohner stand by the product?

Fernando Bresslau <ferbress@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:  >
> Hy, Zombor,

of course quality control at Hohner is a serious matter, and we are getting
better and better. there should be no auxiliary reeds with positve offsets,
for instance, as has unfortunately happened in the past. But this has been
noted and corrected.
Note also that the gapping, as on any harmonica, is done for a theoretical
"common player". As with other harmonicas, you might want to change the gap
to suit your needs.
Waht you may not forget is that the XB-40 is another type of harmonica, and
it indeed needs to be learned. There is an adaptation period, and I am sure
that, as soon as you spend more time with it, and overcome your initial
disappointment, you will feel more comfortable and more content with its
possibilities.
All the best,
Fernando