From: Clair Dunn <cadunn@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] bending on a solo tuned harp & Vermont harp group?
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 09:01:08 -0500

Hi --
I've read that for a beginner (a poor one), a good intro to the chromatic is a solo-tuned diatonic. I read music and this appeals. BUT, I tried to find references to bending for this animal and came up empty.

My logic tells me that you can bend to get sharps (and flats). Is this true?

If you can, does anyone have recommendations for a solo-tuned harp?

Thanks much.

AND, while I'm at it, does anyone know of a harmonic "club" or group in Vermont? I live in the NW part of the state.

Cheers,
Clair