Re: [Harp-L] Re: XB-40

I also purchased a XB-40, in the key of "C," and was disappointed with it. I sent it back to Horner and they did a very good job of fixing the problems. Now it is playable, and all the sounds seem to be normal. It was especially bad on the high end. Now I can get a reliable sound from all the holes.

I do think there is a "learning curve" you need to go through for the XB-40.
Once you get it all sorted out,, I think you will love the sound.
I do!
When I buy more of them, I will get the lower keys, as Zombor suggest.
Regards Don

Subject: [Harp-L] Re: XB-40

Zombor, why did you choose to buy an XB-40 in the key of C? Haven't you seen all my posts here on
harp-l recommending no higher than the key of Bb? Listen to my work with Ab, A and Bb harps and I
don't think you'll hear any of the "dog whistles" , "interference" or other sonic distortions you
complain of. The only noise problems I ever get are from the occassional buzzing valve. Thats to
be expected with any valved harmonica and will usually disappear after the harp warms up.

And that's just nonsense about the XB-40 being incapable of soft playing. I guess I'll have to
record a nice quiet demo to prove my point.