[Harp-L] Re: Question for Michael from Seydel

Hello Christoph,

Message: 9
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 22:36:04 +1100
From: Chris <s5gv2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Question for Michael from Seydel
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

Hi Michael
     I understand Seydel make a 12 hole chromatic harp without
windsavers. Can you tell me which models do and don't have windsavers?
And where can I buy one here in Australia? (with windsavers)

Regards
  Christopher Brunner

indeed, we made a Chromatic without windsavers.
To be correct, we still make it, and it's available on demand.
However, valveless Chromatics have two remarkable disadvantages:
1. The missing valves make the instrument less airtight.
2. You must limit the airflow through the hole to compensate this fact, and therefore the instrument isn't really loud.

Knowing that, we decided not to promote this instrument within our regular distribution line, because we want to avoid to promote toys instead of high class instruments.

However, the demand for our valveless Chromatic is always there, and I personally do not know, if we should return this construction into our regular sales program again.

What would you out there advice ?
That would be really interesting !

Our offer in Chromatics you will find on
www.seydel1847.com
We are up to produce Douglas Tates 'Renaissance' which is a challenge, that will keep us busy for the next months, just in retooling (So, please don't ask for delivery times and prices at the moment).
We take that very very serious.

Yours
Michael from Seydel.