[Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 28, Issue 1

Hi Michael.

Welcome to Harp-l mate.  I don't post an awful lot ,but i do like to  keep up
on the posts of the other guys....a knowledgable bunch.

I have to say that have very recently bought three Seydel Blues  Session
harps when i was at the Bristol NHL shindig in October...Low G, Low  C and a Low D
mainly inspired after hearing what Dennis Gruenling does with them  and i
love them.   The low G is a killer...sounds like a tugboat...and  the other two
have given my rhythym playing a new lease of life.

I did however do a wee bit of reed work on them to get them to play the way
i like them and i also retuned the Low G to the Dale King tuning as i know
it..(draw 2 down a tone and draw 3 down a tone).  This one i've been  playing
exclusively in 3rd position and it sounds mighty.  I've never been  much of a
chrom player so this is the best compromise i've come across.

I would urge some of you good folks on here to give them a go as they  really
do sound great.

Ok...that said i should say that i'm not affiliated in any way shape or  form
with Michael or Seydel...just happy to talk up a new harp on the market  that
i've grown to love in a short space of time.

          Cheerio,Al          _www.littlealprice.com_
(http://www.littlealprice.com)