Re: [Harp-L] Cleaning diatonic reed plates

  The one gotchya with denture tablets is they discolour brass.
  Not good for wood comb harps, for one you'd be soaking them in water.
-- G.

I have occasionally scrubbed MS wood combs with a gentle toothbrush and warm water and given them a quick rinse under the tap (no prolonged soaking) without detriment. I wouldn't do it to the old-style Hohner combs with nailed-on plates as I don't want a couple of millimetres of abrasive timber protruding into my gob. As for discoloured brass, what the eye don't see.... ;-)

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm
READ review of my CD: http://www.irishmusicreview.com/sshaw.htm