RE: [Harp-L] Re: minidisc recording

At 01:52 PM 8/27/2005 -0600, MLeFree wrote:
>Ray, this kind of specific information is very helpful indeed!  I never
>would have thought of recording from the rear of a room.  I always go early
>and fight for a front and center seat.  Thank you so much!

I agree...  Thanks, Ray!

Michelle, depending on the good will of the band and/or venue, sometimes you
can get permission to plug into the PA, which of course, cuts out a LOT of
non-band extraneous noises.  But, then, the crowd noise is sometimes what
folks actually want in the mix.

Also, as Ray implied, a less omni-directional mic may be problematic,
especially if used, as you were saying, right up front.  You could end up
getting almost nothing BUT harmonica in the mix... but, maybe that's a good
thing, eh?  :)

Bobbie