Re: [Harp-L] Subject: ORLEANS-Dance with Me - JELLY ROLL

On Aug 26, 2005, at 12:58 AM, randy singer wrote:

One of the best versions I have ever heard of DANCE WITH ME was recorded by Jelly Roll Johnson.

The song features the sweetest harmonica playing you will ever hear as Jelly and his handpicked band of Nashville session players joyfully romped through this adorable song with the harmonica playing the melody right up front where it belongs.
wet and warm in miami,

randy singer

The 'Roll' has a CD entitled 'Christmas by an Open Fire'. It's not flashy. Just sweet tone on all the old classical Christmas favorites. A real STUDY in how to control the notes (especially the bends and slurs). Most players can hold bends and slurs 'most' of the time. 'Jell' controls them ALL of the time. Like I said, it won't get your blood pressure up, it's all about the control.
smokey-joe