[Harp-L] Playing in-flight/Silent instruments?

Much as you think it would be cool, *most* of the passengers would probably be upset at being a captive audience for this impromtu concert, haha. Some folks are working, sleeping, listening to their own music/movies, or just don't like the harp (gasp) or blues, etc. This is the last thing a flight crew wants. Be quiet and eat your snack mix :^)

On that note (sorry for the pun), I saw in USA Today this morning that a popular item for kids going to college are these 'silent' instrument series that yamaha has come out with. The pic shows a kid playing trumpet with this gizmo jammed in the mouth of it that has a wire leading to a headset the kid is wearing to monitor his own playing. It says something like "now only you will hear your mistakes". Wonder if there's a harp in that series, I'll have to check their website. If not, perhaps we could lobby them to show that there's a potential customer base to make it worthwhile.

Bill Hines