RE: [Harp-L] harp break in

>them, then there must be a good reason for that too. I reckon, major
>adjustments must be made before OB'ing on a harp as it is - nobody I
>know is truely happy OverBlowing with out of the box harps. I assume
>a "break in" period is a must.

A lot of the new harps are terrible.  I just got 5-6 new harps and
with most of them I had trouble Overblowing many of the notes. On the
G harp I simply could not get the 4 or 5 holes to overblow - that's
pretty rare for me...

I don't breaking new harps.  I do set the reeds so they will do
whatever I want them to do but that's it. My GMs don't last that long
maybe a month or two of playing 4-5nights per weeks.  Some of my
Filiskos are still working well from 1998 but I don't play them so
much for the jam band gigs.
Chris Michalek

www.michalekstrone.com
CD Available