[Harp-L] Re: Gig Bags

I now use two containers to go to a gig:

1. A hard sided Samsonite gray briefcase that I lined with green cloth
covered foam. This holds 12 diatonics lined up ready to play, back-ups for the  A,
C, D & F harps, a low F, a low D, and a high G diatonic, and a 16 hole
Chromatic, as well as my 2 EV 605 mics (with Shure CR cartridges - one white and
one black). I also have various items like earplugs, cards, small flashlight,
screw driver, spare 9v batteries and amp fuses in there too.

This is my second Samsonite in 25 years. A hinge finally broke on #1, and I
found this replacement on EBay for @ $18.

2. A soft canvas carry bag with a shoulder strap. This carries a power  strip
w/ 15' cord, mic cords, a Shure Sm58 vocal mic, a Shure SM57 mic (amp to
PA), a Boss DM2 analogue delay pedal, a Kendrick ABC box (to split signal into 2
amps), a large plastic trash bag (for rain emergencies at outdoor gigs), a
towel, a flask, and various other items.

I get a hard time from bandmates about all this gear - "Why does the guy
with the smallest instrument have to carry all that?"

If I could count on a nice PA and soundman at every gig, maybe I'd go with  a
Harp Commander or an RP300 into the board. I must be a bit old fashioned, as
I  just want control of my sound and equipment. As I get older and less able
to lug  equipment (without aches the next morning), I enjoy low volume gigs and
a small  (light) amp.

Tomorrow I'm playing an outdoor festival, and I was told they would provide
a harp amp. I told them I'd be bringing my own Sonny Junior 410.

Andy Vincent