Re: [Harp-L] Re: Opening Cover Plates, the perfect way

Sorry list,

Tim pointed me out that I did some translation
mistakes from french to english!!

So, I use a VICE to press the cover plates inside the
covers. That does it in one move quick and accurate!!

The DIE are used because some covers like
Meisterklasse (the old one) and Golden Melody have a
different shape from Marine Band or Lee Oskar or
Special 20. I do not know how to explain it clearly in
english, so if any of you if fluent in french and
english, I could wirte him an e-mail in French that He
cold translate for the list...

Froggy

--- Dina Janzen <dlj@xxxxxx> a écrit :

> I don't know what you mean by pin vice and DIE-
> please elaborate.
> Perfection would be nice for a change!
>
> Jim R
>

> On Aug 10, 2005, at 8:59 PM,
> harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>

> > Message: 9
> > Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 02:52:09 +0200 (CEST)
> > From: Nicolas Fouquet <bbhcfr@xxxxxxxx>
> > Subject: Re:  [Harp-L] Re: Opening Cover Plates,
> the perfect way
> > To: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
> >
> > I use a pin vise with several DIE (depends of the
> > cover model) to open the cover perfectly without
> any
> > mark in 5 seconds

Nicolas Fouquet
Frog's Workshop