Re: [Harp-L] re mb deluxe

Hi Rob.....thanks for the compliment.
The harps I showed you in Bristol are setup fr my style of playing...
Customizing a harp for another harpplayer takes a lot of time, questioning
etc as Tim Moyer mentioned.

I'm not customizer, I just like to do some experiments and sometimes help
other players by showing them how to start working on a harp.

Today i received something that I think is revolutinair...
it's a wood , impregnated in a totally new way.
A friend of mine will produce some Marine Band style combs that I can use
for testing.
According to the testomonials, that came along with the samples, swelling
will be no problem anymore. The only thing that I need to know for sure is
how the it will make the harp sound.

Hohner still uses for the new Marine Band de Luxe the wood that they used
for the Marine Bands. Steve Baker tested all kinds of wood and favours the
pear wood soundwise.

I now have customized a few Lee Oskars and retuned them to Dorian tuning ( 3
and 7 draw lowered a semi-tone).... and I have to say that the sound of
these harps is great. . When you cup a harp tight or play a harp amplified
with an airtight cup (as I demonstrated in Bristol) I don't think anyone
will hear a difference in sound between a Marine Band or a Lee Oskar....!!!!
:-))

Rob, are you coming to bristol this year..I'll be there with AJ from Marble
amps!!

Ben Bouman

www.marbletones.com
www.marble-amps.com