Re: [Harp-L] Re: Rockabilly Harmonica

In a message dated 8/5/05 2:51:07 PM, clay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Merle Haggard or Johnny
> Cash, when they love Johnny Winters, John Lee Hooker, or Muddy Waters...I
> never
> understood.

   Personal choice, is, of course one's own doing. Me personally, I loved
Johnny Cash and I have a load of Haggard music.   But John Lee H ooker and Muddy
Waters, because I grew up on country music, took me a   little while to get.
That was years ago, though, and I'm now just a liable to listen to Muddy as to
Cash or Haggard.
Does anyone else think perhaps our musical tastes change as we age? Do our
brains get imprinted at an early age and then anything different is harder to
absorb? Music's effect on people has always interested me. Why do I like the
sound of harp so much, while others dislike it? Why do some people with
absolutely no musical ability, nor any idea of how it is produced, still become some of
its strongest fans? I've seen people who couldn't tap a foot in time or hum a
simple melody in tune who can't get enough music.
Food for my thought, anyway.
Still a fool for the Harp
Steve 'Moandabluz' Webb