[Harp-L] Another simple Question.

Dear Harp-l,
When one is trying to gap reeds,in particular the blow reeds(1,4,5,6) do you /should you actually remove the reed plate from the comb.
I ask, since the blow reeds seem to be quite inaccessible whereas the draw reeds are right there looking at you.separating the plate from the comb would appear difficult since the Marine Band has studs/rivets holding it together.
Also could you suggest which keyed harp is a best starting point for ob/od.
Thanks for any advice.
Sean.