[Harp-L] Re: Digest Number 1891 Piano music for harp

  Gail asked help how to convert piano music or any sheet music for
chromatic harmonica.   Easy way or first try is to read the music and use
the button to raise or lower the # or b when you see them using C
chromatic.   However it becomes almost impossible when there are many #
or b like key of Ab C# or Gb unless you are a virtuoso.  You can
transpose any key to C Major and write the music on blank sheet.  I
usually ask my wife pianist to transcribe since any musician can do it in
a jffy.   I found a book "Easy Fake Book, Key of  C Major,   about 50 pop
songs.  suitable for chromatic harp. If you have it, all the work  is
done allready.  Another  approach is to get chromatics in all keys.
However,  chromatic is not available in all keys.  It took several years
for me to get Ab and Eb finally.  When you read the transposed music in
key of C  playing  with the original key  chromatic, the music is played
correctly  with  any other musical instrument incluing piano..  With my
limited skill,  C  chromatic  works on some music.   You may talk to me
if any question since I'll be at SPAH 2005.        Ken  in Georgia