Re: [Harp-L] Clarification

Ron Good wrote:

<Mike: Welcome to Harp-L
<
<Your post shows that you're a class act. Don't sweat it. You were being
<honest, and you have every right to say how something sounded to you.
<Folks on this list do so all the time, about amps, harps, players
(well,
<most players are treated nicely with a couple of exceptions--and even
<those folks have _some_ supporters).

Agreed 100%.

<You wanna see some folks cringe? I play through an amp modelling
digital
<multi-effects processor (straight to the board), and I'm seriously
<thinking of a modelling multi-effects amp or marrying my present
<processor with a keyboard amp. I play through those types of set-ups
<because I like 'em. I like my sound through 'em, and I like _me_
through
<'em. :-)

Agreed 100%.  My digitech RP200 sounds great and costs $150 new.  A
65-watt keyboard amp adds about $300 new to the cost, and the
combination is loud and amazingly versatile, with most of the effects
that harp players would need, including a passable reverb and very
usable delays.  I would be surprised if a better-sounding,
more-versatile harp setup with comparable power can be purchased for
less than $1000.  And on most gigs, I don't even bother taking the
keyboard amp.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com