Fw: [Harp-L] Rod Piazza  -On Third Thought

I've seen Rod play a half dozen times, and every time he has put on a fantastic show. One particular show was an outdoor mid-evening concert that was not advertised or promoted. I happened to see a reference to his concert buried deep in the entertainment section of the local newspaper. Imagine trying to play an outdoor concert with a crowd of fifteen (at best) fans. With all due credit to Rod and his band, he played just like there were thousands in the audience. His show did start late, but I thought he was probably waiting on a few more fans before he started.

Rod is an entertainer, not just a harp player. And he gives the individual members of his band a chance to shine. As much as I like listening to the harp player in a blues band, I also appreciate a break in harp playing when other members of the band take a lead. I'd love to see Rod play again, and hope he returns to the Richmond area soon.