[Harp-L] Let's hear it for Harp-L

fjm wrote:
"As harp-l continues to grow, just about 1100 subscribed members now..."

then rosco wrote:
"just a note to say how cool it is that harp-l is going so strong after
a few years of technical problems & the resulting lack of intetrest. I
have been a professional player for a while, but I still glean a LOT of
info. from this group. "

now I write:
First, hats off to fjm, Ben Nathanson, Michael Polesky, Hugh M., Chris
Pierce, and others who started, re-started, and have kept this list going as such a resource for the harmonica community. We've learned how to play single notes, draw and blow bend, keep time, play with vibrato, overblow, tongue block, U-block, construct solos, post politely without rancor, re-tune, gap, emboss slots, and arc reeds; pick an amp, mic, or FX box; about practice routines, alternate tunings, who to listen to, new releases, show reviews, on-line stations, E-bay items of interest, gig lists; old-time, celtic, jazz, and world music; tube swaps, history of the intrument, historical instruments, local teachers, events, sites, recording, wirelss set-ups, harp cases, difference tones, tab, set lists, who played on what song, optimizing studio time, sitting in, song keys, position playing, throat singing, etc, etc, etc......

We've benefited from the wisdom, advice, and teachings of many of THE top players and people including: Madcat, TomBall, Gruenling, Missin, Jason, D & M (but not K, that I know of) Wilson, Peloquin, Winslow, Bonfiglio, Michalek, Singer, Paparozzi, Epping, Hartt, Buzz, Tinus, Larry Boy, Myquill, Peloquin, Gazell, Chon, Mojo Red, G, Blackie, Holmes, Albanese, IronMan, Sigfried, Rosco, BBQ Bob, Doug Tate, Geo Brooks, Iceman, rainbowjimmy, Hunter, Tom Ellis, Uncle Ed, Indiana, Oysler, Drachman, SmoJo, BBB, Paul Messinger, Harmonica John, Moyer, and about 1000 others too numerous to mention.

So, the pollen comes up in the spring and we get a little testy. Still one of the greatest bangs for the buck on the WWW. Thanks to the posters for making it happen.

Fred S