Re: [Harp-L] Doug Randall

I just got the sad news. Doug lived very close to me and we got together at his place several times for music and food. He was a great cook and a great harpist. He'd always send me home with some ground-up hot peppers. He liked to show me how to play gypsy music on the harp. We had been trying to get together for the last few months for some Korean food. I'll miss him.
James

From: "Tim Moyer" <wmharps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  [Harp-L] Doug Randell
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 21:49:54 -0000

This is terrible news; I am so saddened to hear of Doug's passing.  I
once heard someone refer to Doug as "the best harp player you've never
heard of", and I think that fits.  Fabulous chops.  He was always
grinning, even when he was cutting your head off and handing it back to
you.  I was looking forward to getting to know him better.  Too bad
I'll never get the chance.  So sad.

-tim

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Buzz Krantz" <buzzo@xxxx>
wrote:
Hi List
   Last night in Chicago a very good friend of ours, Doug Raddell passed
away. Some of you knew him from Buckeye or SPAH. He was an extreamly
fine
harmonica player & a real standup guy. He's had liver cancer for
months. But
wanted it to be kept quiet. He will be sorely missed.