Re: [Harp-L] Doug Randell

In a message dated 4/29/2005 2:51:26 P.M. Central Standard Time,
buzzo@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Last  night in Chicago a very good friend of ours, Doug Randell  passed
away.

This is shocking news. I sat in with Doug's band just last Friday night,  and
he came out to my gig on Saturday. I tried to get him to sit in but  he said,
"Nah, I just came to listen." He left while we were in the  middle of the
third set but he gave me that big crazy smile of his and  waved on his way out. I
had no idea he was really on his way out. Doug was one  of our most amazing
harp players and it's too bad he wasn't more widely  known. He could play
Django Reinhardt tunes on the diatonic at full speed and it  was like nothing I've
ever heard before. Sad day.

T. Albanese