[Harp-L] Subject: Temperaments, flaming and getting beyond it

If a newbie here can be permitted a few observations re the  recent and
perhaps still ongoing flaming.

l)   A great part of it can be attributed to  misunderstanding the focus of a
post, as Rosco pointed out.

2)  That can be resolved by cutting and pasting the pertinent parts of  the
post you want to respond to and putting them at the beginning of your  response
post (as mentioned by Bill Hines).

3)  I originally thought perhaps it was "musicians' temperament"  causing
much of the overreaction until I noticed that those "professional"  musicians who
post here: Dennis Gruenling, Rosco, etc - never seem to indulge in  flaming
of any kind - so that theory's shot.  Even Chris Michalek's  come-back to being
erroneously accused was rather mild, under the  circumstances.

4)  Fjm points out that flaming might result in losing list members  and only
on this point would I choose to differ.  I'm a new member and feel  I learn
something new with each "volume" arriving in my inbox.  I'm also a  grown-up
and a little flaring of tempers isn't about to chase me away.  I  don't scare
that easily, since I post on a finance board (under another name)  and the
language and attitudes there make this stuff look mild by  comparison).

I wouldn't have had the nerve to attend my very first Harmonica  festival -
Buckeye, had it not been for this list.  I got  to hear my first blues jam
including Dennis Gruenling, Madcat, Joe  Filisko, Jimmy Gordon, George Brooks,
Buzz Krantz, Ben Nathanson, Steve  Webb and even PT Gazell lurking on Thursday
night.  I apologize for  still not knowing all of the names, yet.  Saturday
night Rosco & PT
 made them sit up and take notice - one could see the shift in  attention,
and Joe Filisko & Madcat playing harp was an awesome  experience.   I also
thoroughly enjoyed Cathy's singing and Allen on  Bass.  (This is a new world for
me, so any errors are mine alone.)

I just wish you'd all do as Rosco and our list-owner suggest:   take a deep
breath and relax.  The people here are more like you and  probably understand
you better than some members of your own  family.  What a shame to have petty
fights over silliness.  Ok - I'm  done playing school-marm.  <G>
Elizabeth