[Harp-L] Re: Emailing improvisation

SONNY SHARROCK: ON IMPROVISATION
As told to Dannette Hill
MY VIEW OF IMPROVISATION IS VERY PERSONAL, FULL of love, anger, truth, lies,
and, in the end (I hope), sense. According to Webster's, to improvise is "to
compose without previous preparation," or "to make or devise from what is at
hand". ....

This is one of the most brilliant, fascinating musical dissertations I can
remember reading in a long time.  It must take a real master to say if it
isn't great, it isn't anything--no middle ground.  Probably an unreachable
goal for most people.  Great view of guitarists also.

MS