Re: [Harp-L] overblow begginner question

Its pretty hard to learn without tweaking, you wouldn't want to play that way anyway. You need to close the gap on 4 and 5 and 6 etc.. Just for initial learning I would recommend you close the gap to the point where the 4, 5 and 6 holes feel a little blocked when you blow hard. Typically, that is a very low gap. Sort of like taking the gap of the 9 hole and putting it on the 4. As you get better, you can increase the gap.

A good tip to get started is to remove the cover and overblow while holding down the reed in the slot. (From Howard site somewhere)

G's site provides gapping instruction and Howard Levy and Tinus have good advice also.

http://www.angelfire.com/music/harmonica/reedadjustment.html

http://www.overblow.com/?menuid=137

http://www.levyland.com/levylogs.php

Have fun,