Re: [Harp-L] First position blues

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Fugazzi" <mfugazzi67@xxxxxxxxx>

My sticking point lately has been playing riffs in 1st position on the IV that make a nice transition back to the I.

Here's a low end 1st pos riff that fits nicely into two bars.

3D 3D 4B 2D** 2B 1B 4B (slap) 3D* to the 2-5 D octave as the chord moves back to the I.

On the high end you can end your Jimmy R style licks on the 6-9 B octave as the I chord kicks in.
If you can stay upstairs for the next two bars you'll be in prime position to play some quick 3rd pos
octaves during the V, another quick JR lick during the I, then you can head back downstairs to
complete the turnaround. I've been working on the same thing for the last month or so. A real
slow and easy backing tracks helps..

Mark