Re: [Harp-L] Acid Laced Burps

--- Bob Cohen <bcohen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> :-)  Harp Content: How do acid laced burps affect
> the reeds?

I'm just curious how y'all take care of your harps after a gig. I have a cloth that I wipe mine down with. Also wipe off my mike (not that it really needs it).

Anyone do anything really extreme or have any tips?

I haven't a clue whether this is good advice or not, but it's what I do and my harps come up sounding fresh and bright.

Anything with valves - wipe with damp kitchen towel. Proper clean/dismantling needed every now and again, but if it ain't broke don't fix it.
Anything with wood body, no valves - very quick flush under lukewarm tap, shake out immediately. When clean, sell harp on Ebay and replace with plastic-bodied harp ;-)
Plastic body, no valves - good wash under lukewarm tap front and back. Shake out.
Leave all harps out of cases overnight to dry thoroughly.
Never allow crud to accumulate in corners of mouthpiece holes. This is too disgusting to discuss further!

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm
READ review of my CD: http://www.irishmusicreview.com/sshaw.htm