[Harp-L] Bronson Amp

These were made by Valco in the late forties and early fifties and
branded variously under the Supro, Oahu, National, McKinney and Bronson
names (probably others as well)... the Valco model is the "Supreme."
They seem to go for between $300 and $400 on eBay (at least until the
recent posts!). The Oahu I used to have had octal preamp tubes (6SL7 I
believe), 2 x 6V6, 5Y3 rectifier, and a field-coil speaker... not sure
where the mojo comes from but what a cool sound. I've not owned an amp
since that came close. Somewhere I have a drawn-up copy of a schematic
for the amp if anyone's interested; just contact me off-line.

Howard