Re: [Harp-L] Beginner Music (key A)

 Some things I learned from attending Buckeye last week:
 1. Madcat is still my favorite living harmonica player.
   2. Pat Missin is a terrific harp player, as well as a harp technician.
   3. P.T. Gazell needed to return to the harp world much earlier than he
did, but now that's he's back, people need to hear him.
   4. Roscoe needs to play more, and more often, at the late night jams.
    5. Dennis Gruenling gets amazing sounds out of low harps.
    6. Joe Filisko makes Buckeye happen for diatonic players.
     7. There doesn't have to be a lot of diatonic acts for the stage shows;
it's the people who make the event what it is and there were lots of good
people at Buckeye once again.
     8. Ben Nathanson gets more out of Big River harps than seems fair. He
just gets better all the time.
    9. It's a long damn way from Minnesota to Ohio and back again for old
guys traveling alone.
   10. I need to get my harp act back together. It's more than a little
intimidating to sit in a circle of killer players and have to try and put something
together when your turn comes that is at least adequate.
     My thanks to Madcat for just hanging out for all three days and making
my day on Saturday at the 'teach-in.' My thanks to Joe Filisko for his work,
which I hope is appreciated as much as it should be. My thanks to all my harp
friends there who make it my favorite thing to do each year.
   And last, but not least, thanks to Buzz for his fantastic job handling the
Saturday night drawing.. (I won $175)...
Still a fool for the Harp
Steve 'Moandabluz' Webb