[Harp-L] Uh...Yeah, I Knew That! And Other Technical Screw-Ups

So I'm at an outdoor gig in Eugene, OR with Eagle Park Slim:

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Club/5868/

We're gettin' all kinds of funny little excitations from the mic... can't touch it, lips start to sizzle. You know the routine.

As we discuss the next number and the relative merits of whole life versus term, the gal who is running sound (this is an important point... she was RUNNING SOUND, not necessarily a sound-wo-man), who must have been a mere speck in her daddy's eye when the original version of my amp was manufactured (wait... her dad musta been about 6 himself!), begins to fish around behind us at all things electrical, pulling at power cords and mic cables, her little purssey baggy thing flippin' around behind her down-to-the-ankles tie-dyed dress. (She was the cutest little thing, really...)

All of a sudden, the nasty shocky-thing is gone. We're all lookin' at each other like, "What?...cool. Okay, here we go... and-a one, and-a two, and-a three..."

As she heads off stage, I ask her,
"What did you do?"

She turns her head as she leaves, with a half-smile babyface grin over her shoulder, and says oh-so-politley,
"I flipped the ground switch on your amp."

"Oh...

uh...

yeah... I forgot about that...

Thanks."

Ain't it always them harp players causin' trouble?

Ray.
www.resgraphics.com/music