[Harp-L] P.T. Gazell, Buckeye, Bronson amp

Hey list,
   Phil Gazell mentioned the very cool amp room set up by Dennis (Mr.
Microphone) Oellig  at the Buckeye Fest. I want to second his opinion on the Bronson
amp. I think I heard 5 or 6 guys play through it with an assortment of mics &
, I think, 4 other amps, &, to me,  the Bronson  was  the best sounding amp
for each player with any microphone. When P.T. used the Bronson, he  had a
non-cupped, non-distorted, but warm & very ' round' sound that, somewhat
suprisingly, suited his single note melodic style very well, especially with the RE-10.
I can't wait to hear his next recording. Maybe he will put an amped song or
two on it. Actually, the 'musical' highlight of Buckeye for me was hearing an
array of very different players run through various mic & amp combinations in
Dennis' amp room. Joe Filisko KILLED me with the various sounds he can get with
ANY set-up. Having said that, I must say that Joe playing an RE-10 into the
Bronson will, until I hear better, define electric harp tone (tones!!) for me.
Wow. Thanks, Dennis, for setting up the  cool amp room. ( I think I heard that
the Bronson had sold by the end of Buckeye.)
Other impressions:
  Madcat  provided many amazing moments, as expected.
  Jimmy Gordon always puts an original spin on everything he plays-- when he
puts the harp to his lips, everyone listens.
  George Brooks is the guy who makes me want to work harder. He is one of the
very few guys with the skill & the guts to play in non-traditional positions
& make it musical.
  Buzz Krantz has gotten scary good in the last few years. Retirement agrees
with him.
  Ben Nathanson has a one-of-a-kind sound that demands attention, & I
definitely mean that in a good way.
  Man, Dennis Gruenling has a BIG sound.
  At least a dozen other players impressed me with both their playing &
their progress from fest to fest.
  What a good time.

  Thanks to all who do the hard work to make Buckeye happen.

  Jack Ely: we missed you, hope you are doing okay.

later, Rosco
maybe august