  From: Rene Carlson
  To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, April 25, 2005 5:31 PM
  Subject: [Harp-L] Looking for good harmonica compilation CD

  I would like to give to a musician friend of mine a CD of harmonica
  music that really demonstrates the virtuosity of some of the great
  players (any/all genres).  Any suggestions?

  I've also made friends with a classical violinist and have been
  answering his questions about the instrument.  Although I know that
  there are professional harmonica players who play classical (notably,
  Robert Bonfiglio), I don't know if they are adapting the pieces to the
  harmonica, or if there are classical / symphonic pieces intentionally
  scored for harmonica.  I''d like to pass on to my violinist friend the
  names of pieces that have been intenionally written for harmonica.
  Anyone know?

  Thanks, Rene