Re: [Harp-L] CR41 feedback

Hi Kurt,

I'm not sure about the specifics of your CR41 mic
as I don't own one, but I'd be very leery of
swapping the preamp tube that sits closest to the
power tubes in the Blues Jr.

I was told by the tube expert at Eurotubes that in
the Blues Jr., you should leave the 12AX7 in that
slot alone (or replace it with another 12AX7)
because the power tubes are "expecting" a signal
from a 12AX7. However, the other tubes are fair
game for swapping.

I have no idea what potential harm that could do,
but since I'm no amp expert, I listened to him.
BTW, Eurotubes sells the JJ brand which are an
excellent value with quality approaching the NOS
tubes. I'm using them in my own B.J.
http://www.eurotubes.com/index.htm

Harpin' in Colorado,
--Ken M.