Re: [Harp-L] Re: Shakin Smith

Like anything else blues is evolving into something more edgy ala
Jason Ricci. Jason is a blues player more than anything else.  His
music is very riff and pattern based.  It's all mostly pentatonic
blues stuff.  It is the blues.

It seems that perhaps you definition of the blues comes attached to
folks like the Walters, Smith, Clarke etc...  Do you think Jazz
Gillium is blues or country?  It's all blues that has progressed
through out the decades.

Peloquin is definately a blues cats with a jazzy/R&B tinge but it's
still blues and as far as the Traditional sound goes, Dennis takes
the cake.  To my ears he makes traditional blues sound fresh. I'm the
kind of guy that can't handle blues for more than a few songs (even
if I am the player) but Dennis et all would keep me at my table all
night.  Maybe becaues their playing is unpredictable?  I dunno the
reason but I would rather listen to Dennis vs George Smith.
G Smith is too predicatble for me whereas Dennis will put a smile on
my face with every solo.