[Harp-L] Holmes Harp Commander as preamp?

I loaded Audacity onto my computer and was trying to record with my JT30 using a cable with a 1/4 in. to 1/8 in adapter into my computer.  This didn't work and I was told by some one on the list, I can't remember his name, that I needed a preamp first.  I was thinking of using the Holmes Harp Commander and was wondering if this will do the job?
Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Mick Newhouse