Re: [Harp-L] Review of JJ Milteau's Blue 3rd

Ben, that's a really interesting review. I especially appreciated your circumspect discussion of the stylistic and super-clean lyrical component, which you didn't find particularly engaging, as part of an overall very cool-sounding allbum by JJ Milteau. You didn't cruelly pan that element as so many critics love to do, you simply described it. And to me, your discussion of the subordination of virtuosity to musicality in ensemble, without diminishing the vitality of solo efforts within the combo, is quite welcome. Ok, maybe I'm projecting, but that's what I got out of it.... Anyway, I look forward to meeting you in St. Aignan.

-Dave Fertig