[Harp-L] bass harp question

Dear Harp-L (and Pat, Danny & Art, by cc)

I have a bass harp question that I'm hoping someone can help with.

About a month ago I ordered (through some friends who own a local store) a Huang #123 double octave bass. (For those unfamiliar, It looks like the one shown here) http://www.coast2coastmusic.com/orchestral/huangbass.shtml

Yes I could've ordered the 265 Hohner, but I like the idea of a plastic comb vs. wood.

Anyhow, no wholesalers had one in stock; it's basically a special order. And now I find out there is a serious delay from the factory -- another 4 months, I'm told.

One of the wholesalers said that Huang told them they can supply a "Victory" octave bass... according to the wholesaler (who admittedly was not very well versed on the subject,) the Victory is the same model as the 123 except marketed for overseas sale, at a lower price.

I've just spent an hour on the net trying to research a Victory octave bass, but have struck out. My gut feeling is that the wholesaler is mixed up, and I'm very reluctant to order an expensive harp that may turn out to be either a single-reed baritone, a diatonic bass, or a poorly made substitute for a 123.

Anybody know anything about a Victory bass? Is it really the same as a 123? Should I just chill and wait 4 months? Or should I think about a wood-comb Hohner 265? I dislike wood combs, but Huang Inc no longer even has a website, so I'm sort-of wondering about their situation...

any info much appreciated,

thanks in advance,

Tom Ball