RE: [Harp-L] Recording technique

this is out of left field - all right.. I get a nice "front end" reverb
playin through my "big walter style" bullet. The fact that the element
sits far back into the cone of the bullet shell makes playing into it...
akin to playing into a coffee can.... which in turn produces a signal
that to me sounds as if it has a slight reverb. Others agree do with me
- but only after I point it out. It sounds "natural". But there is no
control.

I used this in a studio session - but - the post production effects
(which to my horror were added) took that sweetness away.

Speaking of which - the common thing to do is to record your track, and
then have reverb added in post. Unless you are all ballsy enough to do
things in the studio as a band in one take - I am sure that there are
TONS of good effects you can add to your chain for the live production
of the reverb sound.

Also, Jerry Murad got the effect (so I read) in Peg O' My Heart - by
playing toward a wall and letting the sound bounce to the mic.

I personally don't like "reverb" as a stomp box effect in my chain - or
anywhere really - the "mic reverb" I do use is really slight. I much
prefer delay if I use effects to hollow out the sound, if you will.