Re: [Harp-L] quality 12 hole diatonics

The key choices in the 364 12 Hole Hohners are limitied. I believe C, low D, and G are all that are available. They're better harmonicas than the 1896 Marine Bands but the plates are still nailed not bolted and the combs are wooden but generally less trouble than the smaller Marine Bands. Brendan Power was doing custom 10 plus holers on plastic combs. They're spliced combs with cut up plates and they work well. The form factor is nice in that the harmonica is a lot smaller than a 364. I have a couple of SBS tuned versions. One is a 13 hole and the other the more conventional 14. Hering makes a 12 hole body the one I have is solo tuned. I also think I've got a Huang 12 holer solo. fjm