[Harp-L] Re: Phrasing in blues

I know you are going to think I'm out of my mind, but this works.  Listen
to Stan Getz on the famous "Girl from Ipanema" Cd taking solos and then
play a blues solo with the same kind of pace and story telling and
phrasing and space to some tracks and see how all music is connected.

Getz is going nowhere, not breaking new ground, not blowing anybody away;
and in doing so, he creates the most incredible, long-lasting solos ever
played by anyone.

After you do that, get out your Albert King records; when I learned blues
harp, that's who I listened to.

harmonically yours,

Roberto
Bonfiglio

This message was sent using I-2000 Web Mail.
http://www.i-2000.com/