Re: [Harp-L] Re: Improv in blues

backbender1 wrote:
While I understand the sentiment Chris M was making
with his original response, to advise NOT to listen to
harmonica and/or blues is completely ridiculous.

Well said Dennis.

Chris, guess I didn't make the point clearly enough but what Dennis goes on to say about learning the "ins and outs of the language," as it were, is essentially what I meant when talking about being aware of history, which is to say what the previous generations have done with a particular instrument. Doing so, is a way point on the journey not the final destination.

Best Wishes,

Bob