[Harp-L] Jason Ricci in the FL Keys

Jason & New Blood have been in the FL Keys for the past  few days.  Last nite
i went to them in Key West.   I've seen  them before and every time has been
a mind-boggling musical experience.   Everytime i see them, people are shaking
their heads in amazement at how  this guy can play.  And he's 31 yrs. old, i
think he said.    That's amazing.  Jason said onstage last nite that Shaw
Starky,  on gtr., is 24 years old!  If that is true, wow, wow, wow.
  I can't help gushing and just wanna say i heard some extremely  interesting
lines and ideas that i've never heard from anyone before,  certainly not on
harp.  We also got to meet Paul Butterfield's son,  Gabriel, who lives in Key
West these days.
  JR"s new live album is a good representation of his live shows -  great!
His new drummer, David Johnson, is working out well, very  well.
  As has been said before on Harp-L, Jason is extremely personable and
accessible.  A few nites ago at another gig in a nearby Key, he  invited me to play
with the band, and he had never even heard my play  before!  It was a pleaure
to play with such a tight unit.
  Altho on the road, Jason said he's gonna try to get to an  internet cafe to
try to keep in touch.
  Just as Dylan gave a tremendous boost to our wonderful instrument a  couple
of decades ago, when the rest of the world comes know Jason's music, we  will
all benefit.  More gigs, more girls, we'll all have it all - just  kidding.
(We'd better buy stock in the harmonica companies  too!)   Seriously tho,
hopefully Jason is on the road to big  popularity, perhaps reminicent of J. Geils
with Magic Dick  - perhaps the Beatles!  ha.
   May he and the band soon reap fantastic  financial rewards of dedicating
their life to his music - all the best  and nothing bad.
ron