[Harp-L] John Wilds - Great harmonica player has passed away

I thought I would send a note to inform you of the passing of a great
jazz/blues/roots/folk harmonica player named John Wilds. He lived in New
Orleans, Toronto, Michigan and New York. In 1981, John won the Louisiana
State Harmonica Championship. He played at many music festivals, including
the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival and the DuMaurier Jazz Festival
in Toronto. Some of you might have met him or known him or had the pleasure
of enjoying his music.

Marshall Lawrence was at Homestead Studio in Edmonton, Alberta this past
weekend recording his new acoustic blues CD "The Morning After" with John
Wilds on harmonica and Russell Jackson on bass.

Unfortunately on Saturday April 16th, 2005 during the recording session,
John Wilds suddenly and unexpectedly passed away. He will be greatly missed
and always in our prayers.

A memorial service for John will be held at the Lendrum Mennonite Brethren
Church on April 30th, 2005 (11210 59 Ave., Edmonton, AB, T6H 1G3 tel: (780)
989-5358).

John lived in many places in his life and we want reach those that knew him
to let them know that he is gone.

For more information on John Wilds please visit
http://www.doctorblues.com/db/bio.htm#wilds. A memorial page will be added
in the coming days.

Metta,

Toby Tellier