RE: [Harp-L] Incredible service experience with Shure

From: Richard Hunter <turtlehill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

One week ago I sent two non-functional Shure mics -- a Undiyne 3 that
I've had since high school, and an SM-58 that I bought a little while
ago at a yard sale -- to the Shure factory for repair, which I expected
to cost $55 per mic.

Today I got a package from Shure, and opened it to find that they had
replaced both mics with new ones -- a 545 and an SM58, both pro-quality
mics equivalent to the models I sent for repair.  The charge was
significantly less than I'd figured.

It's pretty rare nowadays for a company to stand behind their products
with service like this. I certainly got a much different reception from
Electrovice last week when I called them to discuss repairs to my EV630.

Richard,
I received the exact great service from EV on a repair to my high-end RE20. Maybe they're less willing to support their older, out of production models?

Michael Peloquin
http://tinyurl.com/5tpjg
http://www.harpsax.com