Re: [Harp-L] XB-40's

Hi, Charles.

Yes, the XB works on a completely different way than a valved 10 holer with 20 reeds. It has 40 reeds and channel/valve system which makes all notes bend 1 full tone, and hole 3 draw one and a half tones. It is bigger, has a different feel, different sound (of course) but you can play virtually everything you play on a normal 10 holer plus much more.

More info try this:

http://harp-l.org/mailman/mmsearch/harp-l?config=harp-l&restrict=&exclude=&method=and&format=short&sort=score&words=xb-40

http://search.freefind.com/find.html?id=26167169&pid=r&mode=ALL&n=0&query=xb

All the best,
Fernando

CHARLES BASSI wrote:

XB's are a differently technology than valving every
reed, aren't they? How do they stack up against a standard diatonic?

Forgive me if this thread has already appeared and I missed it, and thanks for your help.

Charles