[Harp-L] Re: The 'Flexible Gospel' according to Rob P

Great post, Rob. Like you (and I think most players who can tongue block), I constantly use a mixture of embouchures and can't imagine only using one.
One thing you wrote did catch my eye, however. As advantages for using puckering, you included "better proficiency in executing fast musical single notes lines with intricate bends" and "a more defining presence of each note, less muffled or muted tone." I respectfully disagree that pucker automatically has these advantages. Sure it does for lots of folks, but Sugar Blue is a 100% pucker guy and you gotta agree that he's got a pretty amazing proficiency in executing fast musical single notes lines with intricate bends and has sharp, clear presence of each note.
MN (a dedicated three-embouchure guy)